These days obtaining a mortgage is not as simple and straight forward as it used to be. More and more people are choosing letting a property as an option that best suits their needs right now. Our objective is to minimize the level of risk involved and to maximise the rental income of your property.
Once you’ve made the decision to let with McGuirk Beggan Property, we will offer the following:
1. Make sure to have the boiler serviced before the new tenant moves in. It is important that this is done by a registered gas installer and that they leave a sticker on the boiler informing the tenant when the next service is due.
2. Install a carbon monoxide alarm in the property.
3. Leave a fire blanket & small fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
4. If there is a fireplace in the property make sure that the chimney is swept and it is possible to light a fire.
5. Clean all carpets and remove any stains from floor coverings or walls.
6. Ensure that mattresses are new failing this make sure there is a new mattress protector.
7. Make sure all bath and shower seals are intact.
8. Ensure that all utilities are fully functional.
9. Leave clear written instructions on how to use the heating and water heater.
10. If the property is in an apartment complex provide details of the management company and working fobs for security gates.